A greater purpose.
We have the solution.
Green Energy Consumers is a nonprofit working in many ways to make energy more affordable.
We use the group buying power of our 11,000+ members to negotiate prices with vetted full-service oil dealers on your behalf. If you want your deliveries from a dealer who can provide service and will show up when you need them, you can join our members who have saved on average 32 to 39 cents per gallon compared to the statewide surveys of full-service dealers for the last 4 years.
How it works
Enroll in the program and pay your annual membership dues ($25 for a basic 1-year membership) by filling out our online join form. Enroll now. Or call 800-287-3950 x4.
Once you’ve enrolled, we pair you up with one of the oil dealers in our network that meets your delivery, payment, and service preferences.
Every time you receive a delivery from your new Green Energy Consumers' oil dealer, you get the discounted member price per gallon instead of the price they charge their regular customers.
How do we make sure you get a fair, discounted price?
On behalf of our members, we negotiate the retail markup that our participating oil dealers can add to the daily wholesale price of oil. Therefore, our members always benefit when the wholesale price falls and are protected from unexpected price-gouging that many heating oil users are subject to during the coldest months.
Not sure what that means? We’ve laid it all out to help you understand how we run our program and why our pricing model works.
Dues & Savings
Annual Membership Dues
Paid upon enrollment and renewed to extend membership.
|1 year basic dues||$25|
|3 year value dues||$50|
|1 year senior (62+) or fixed-income dues||$15|
|1 year, fuel assistance client||FREE|
|Dues usually pay for themselves after only your FIRST discounted delivery!|
Savings All Year Long
As a Green Energy Consumers' Heating Oil Service member, you receive a discounted price per gallon on oil from a heating oil dealer who is assigned to you by our knowledgeable staff. For the last 3 years, our members saved an average of 39 cents per gallon.
Our pricing model stands the test of time.
We’ve been running our Heating Oil Service for nearly 35 years. Our members have been getting great heating oil prices year after year. Stop shopping for oil at every delivery.
Our Heating Oil Options
- Automatic: Your oil dealer monitors your tank’s oil level and fills it when needed. You never have to think about filling your tank!
- Will Call: You monitor your oil tank’s level and schedule a delivery with your dealer when you determine you need it (we recommend scheduling your delivery when you have no less than ¼ tank).
- 20-30 day Billing: Pay your oil bill within an established timeframe (usually 30 days). Get an additional “prompt pay” discount if you pay right away.
- Cash on Delivery (COD): Pay when the oil is delivered (for Will Call customers only). Paying COD is slightly cheaper per gallon than paying after 20-30 days.
- Budget Plan: This makes your oil bill similar to a monthly utility bill. You make a standard monthly payment set up by your dealer and adjusted based on actual oil use. Highly recommended!
- Service Contracts: Service contracts are an optional but recommended way to anticipate the costs of repairs that your heating system may need.
- Tune-Ups & Repairs: Heating system tune-ups help keep your system efficient, saving you oil and money. We highly recommend that you order a tune-up every year. The savings gained in efficiency by reducing future service calls more than pays for a yearly tune-up.
More than just oil
Green Energy Consumers is a 501(c)3 nonprofit. Our mission is to make energy more affordable and environmentally sustainable for New England residents.
Advocating for you
Since 1982 we have connected oil consumers to trusted heating oil dealers. If there is ever a problem with your assigned dealer, we will help you find a solution.
Emergency Oil Bank
Green Energy Consumers’ charitable Emergency Oil Bank program provides free oil deliveries during the winter season to local families in need.
We help our members reduce their oil consumption to maximize savings and reduce emissions. Our energy efficiency program connects you to rebates and services.
Heating oil isn’t our only area of expertise. We help our members explore clean energy options such as solar, biodiesel, and electricity from renewable sources.